Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship Program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and the governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship program. There are only one wayfor you to apply for China Scholarship Council (CSC) Scholarship. A student may apply directly through Liaoning Shihua University.
Ⅰ. To apply through Liaoning Shihua University directly
Coverage: All master programs
Deadline: March 30th
1. To register and finish the online application at the CSC online Application system (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn);
2. To post all notarized hard copies to us (Applying for CSC scholarship only), including
A. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （written in Chinese or English）;
B. Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.;
C. Academic transcripts （written in Chinese or English）; Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
D. A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）This should be a minimum of 800 words;
E. Two Recommendation Letters （written in Chinese or English）; Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
F. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy）（written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org）;
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
G. The copy of valid HSK Certificate （if available）
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of A to G. （You should submit TWO sets of bound documents）. No application documents will be returned.
Receiver：International Education College, Liaoning Shihua University (辽宁石油化工大学国际教育学院)
Address: No.1 Dandong Road, Wanghua Fushun, Liaoning Province, P. R. China (中国辽宁省抚顺市望花区丹东路西段1号)
Ⅱ. Important Information
1. Please follow the procedure step by step. Don’t post paper documents until you have been admitted by the university.
2. Please post the documents through EMS, DHL, SF (Shunfeng), Post Office only. Using other express companies like Yuantong, Shentong, Zhongtong, Yunda, Tiantian etc. may lead to an unsuccessful arrival.
3. Chinese Government Scholarship is open to new students only, and the agency number of Liaoning Shihua University is 10148.
4. Once you have been chosen as a CSC candidate at the beginning of May, the new admission offer of scholarship will be made. Visa application documents will post to the scholarship candidates in June or July.
CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS AND DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
1. According to the regulations stipulated by MOE, the applicants who want to take master programs which are offered by Chinese, must pass HSK Level 5 examination before enrollment, otherwise the applicants must take Chinese training courses for oneyear before pursuing postgraduate studies.
2. Scholarship students should complete their study within the set time;
duration for scholarship specified in the Admission Notice cannot be extended in principle.
Applicants shall apply atCSC online Application system (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn) between January and March every year. Applicants may check the above website for application details.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
Full government scholarship covers the tuition fee,accommodation fee for dormitory on campus and living allowance. Full government scholarship doesn’t coverapplication fee, accommodation deposit, visa fee and medical examination fee.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the institution’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students & general scholars: CNY 3,000 Yuan
Students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration.
New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month (September) will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount of that month. Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the following month after the students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays.
Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from university over a month.Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals entrusted by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s regulations.
5) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the entrusted medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship student, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
Meal and excess of baggage should be self-afforded.
APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION
1. CSC will assess all the application documents and CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments on the proposed institutions, specialties and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to institutions for academic competence and they will forward their nominations to CSC for approval. The applications will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted if they fail to meet the enrollment requirements or the application documents are incomplete.
2. If overseas applicants for degree programs with exemption of examinations are academically ineligible to the proposed programs, the institution reserves the right to decide the academic program they could attend or whether to give them conditional offers for their proposed programs. Students who attend Chinese language courses prior to their university study must pass the university entrance examinations or other examinations required before they start their major studies. Students attending the college preparatory program, while failing to pass the required examinations within the set period, shall complete their study as Chinese language students.
3. Applicants are required to enclose the admission notice from Chinese HEIs (Higher Education Institutions), if they have, in the documents submitted to CSC.
4. Scholarship applicants academically accepted by Chinese HEIs will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
5. Students are not permitted, in principle, to apply to change their specialties, institutions or the duration of study as specified in the Admission Notice.
6. Chinese HEIs will send the Admission Offer and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates by August 31st.
08:30-11:40 | 13:30-16:40
Admissions Office：+86-24-56863926 (Application & fee)
Comprehensive Office: +86-24-56865990
Mailing Address: No. 1, Dandong Road (W) Fushun Liaoning,
113001, P. R. China